Simon Peter is a Partner in our Infrastructure & Construction team with a career spanning over 18 years and is the President of the Uganda Law Society.
He has previously served as a founding and Managing Partner of KMT (Kinobe, Mutyaba) Advocates and also as a Senior Inspectorate Officer, at the Inspectorate of Government (IGG) and a Lecturer of Law at Kampala International University.
In addition, he served as a Council Member of the Uganda Law Society where he played an integral role in the introduction of the Cluster System to the legal industry, which system seeks to group the members according to their areas of expertise and encouraged the sharing of knowledge.
Simon’s experience extends from project development, contract administration to dispute resolution advice offering our clients a unique understanding of the full cycle of a construction project.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) - Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice - Law Development Centre.
- Masters in Energy Law and Policy – Dundee University (in progress)
- Advised on the construction of the Ginger Nile Bridge (senior Legal Consult) – 123 million USD
- Won judgement against the Government of Lybia - 23 million USD
- Won a judgement against the Government of Sudan – 173 million USD
- Senior Consultant to a telecommunications company for the purchase of Ugandan Telecoms Company - 300 Million USD