Ronald is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team with over 14 years specialising in commercial dispute resolution in construction, transport and logistics, general corporate commercial law, taxation and banking and finance law. Ronald is also a respected and experienced mediator in commercial law.
Ronald is a certified Trial Advocate and is able to represent his client in the Commercial Court, Civil Court and Tax Appeals Tribunal and a Court Accredited Mediator – High Court of Uganda-Commercial Division. He has knowledge of FIDIC contracts and their application. He is also a member of INSOL International
He has deep knowledge and understanding of the intricacies of the litigation and commercial dispute resolution procedures in Uganda and, as an accomplished litigator and advisor, he has represented and counselled various clients in connection with a wide range of litigation, mediation and arbitration matters across various industries from complex debt recovery, breach of contract, insolvency and liquidation, business torts, shipping, transport and logistics, multi forum and complex tax litigation, construction, insolvency and class actions in infrastructure projects.
He is also able to assist client with Procurement disputes, where he routinely appears before the Public Procurements Appeals Tribunal, a fairly new area of practice Uganda that is receiving increased exposure, the bulk of his experience to date has been within the Construction industry.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice – Law Development Centre
- Diploma in Trial Advocacy – National Institute for Trial Advocacy)
- Special Diploma in Trial Advocacy Instruction – University of Washington School of Law and Justice Advocacy Africa
- Certificate of Mediation – High Court of Uganda
- FIDIC Contracts Completion Certificate
- Acted for the Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa in an investment dispute of USD 130 Million with a hotel developer in Uganda.
- Acted for an International Shipping and Logistics Company in a USD 1.5 Million VAT tax dispute against the Uganda Revenue Authority
- Represented an international plant and equipment distributor in an USD 8 Million procurement dispute.
- Advised an international storage company on a USD 3 Million acquisition of property for the development of a national digital warehousing facility
- Advised an international construction company on the development of their local service centre for their earth moving equipment in Uganda.
- Advised a leading Financial Institution on the largest cross border Insolvency and Business Rescue in Uganda.