Moses Baguma is an Associate at Ortus Advocates. He specialises in Corporate Commercial Law with particular focus on Legal-Tech law, Intellectual Property and Private Equity.
Moses has a wide range of experience across corporate transactional and advisory work including in Project Financing, Regulatory Compliance, IP portfolio filing, management and analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Data Protection, Cyber Security and Technology disputes. His practice also covers software, IT and cloud-based offerings, licensing, supply chain arrangements, electronic and mobile commerce, and information governance matters. He assists clients with all phases of the transaction lifecycle, ranging from strategic planning to structuring and negotiating complex arrangements, including advising on service performance, governance, pricing strategies, and compliance issues.
- LLB (Hons) – Makerere University
- Advised an Agricultural Firm on acquisition of a USD 1.5 million investment from a Venture Capital Fund.
- Advised a Ugandan Private Equity Firm on its investment in a Kenyan Cloud-computing Company.
- Advised a foreign Ride-hail company on Uganda’s Transport regulatory framework, and its implications on the company’s operations in Uganda.
- Advised a top Supermarket in Uganda on compliance with employment regulatory laws.
- Advised a Bank on compliance with Cyber Security regulatory laws.