Dorothy is a Partner in our Corporate Commercial team with over 18 years’ experience. She is highly skilled in handling of commercial transactions including advising on corporate structuring, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, as well as joint operating agreements.
She has previously served as partner at DN Kabugo Advocates and also as company secretary on a number boards and is currently a member of the Natural Resources Audit Committee of Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development and a member of the Governing Council Buganda Royal Institute of Business and Technical Education (BRIBTE).
She is a Rotarian, a legal researcher and a human rights defender. She has worked with Uganda Human Rights Commission, Foundation for Human Rights Initiative and served as a member of the Professional Development Committee at Uganda Law Society. She is an entrepreneur, investment advisor, corporate governance specialist and a firm believer in development of National Content.
- Bachelor of Law (Hons) - Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice - Law Development Centre
- Master’s Degree, LLM Oil & Gas -Uganda Christian University Mukono
- Advised a leading micro finance services company with its transition into a Deposit taking Credit Financial Institution under Class 5 of the Financial Institutions Act.
- Advised a leading international non- profit micro credit enterprise on an acquisition of a substantial stake in a Ugandan company and further acquisition of business interests in Uganda.
- Advised a leading Kenyan entity in the setting up a USD 10 Million large scale Genetically Modified Cereal farming operation in Uganda
- Advised a leading agribusiness equipment provider on the review of the laws relating to and/or affecting the implementation of large-scale mechanized farming in Uganda