Caroline is a Partner in our Energy Mining and Infrastructure Practice with over 10 years’ experience specialising in commercial law with a focus on the energy, mining and infrastructure sector. She has advised on a variety of commercial transactions in the oil and gas, energy and infrastructure sectors and has participated in key transactions that have shaped the oil and gas, energy and infrastructure sectors.
In addition, Caroline was part of the team that participated in developing the national strategy and plan for petroleum transportation and storage in Uganda. She has participated in several land acquisition and resettlement as well as infrastructure projects.
Caroline has experience in environmental, land transactions, conveyancing and insolvency law.
- LLB (Hons) - Makerere University
- Diploma in Legal Practice - Law Development Centre
- Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Uganda
- Advised the Ministry of Energy with the National Strategy of Transportation and Storage of Petroleum in Uganda
- Advising on the Kingfisher Development Area and the Buhuka-Kabaale Feeder Pipeline Resettlement Action Plan by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Uganda for the construction of the 47 km feeder pipeline from Kingfisher Development Area to the Refinery in Kabaale, Hoima District.
- Advised on the PPP Guidelines for the Government of Uganda
- Advised on the development and construction of the 1445km East African Crude Oil Pipeline Project by the Government of Uganda and the Uganda National Oil Company.
- Advised a leading public education institution in Uganda on the commercial development of the largest real estate portfolio development in Kampala under a public private partnership (PPP) framework.
- Successfully advised the Government of Uganda in an arbitration dispute against a road contractor in relation to the Kampala Northern Bypass.