Alexander is a partner in our energy, mining and infrastructure practice and has extensive experience of over 15 years advising on key mandates in the energy, infrastructure, oil and gas sectors in Uganda, and is widely respected as an authority on energy law in Uganda.
He has also been involved in major acquisitions and infrastructure projects in Uganda, as well as acquisition regimes for land in Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana.
Alexander has undertaken legal due diligence and legal audits of a wide range of companies, including telecommunications companies and electricity transmission and distribution companies. He has been involved in developing the legal regimes for electronic commerce and climate change in Uganda. He is also published in key areas of law.
Alexander is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by the following reputable rating agency and its publication:
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate Guide: Rising Star 2018, 2017, 2016 (Uganda)
- Legal 500 EMEA 2018
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) – Makerere University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Law Development Centre
- Advised the Ministry of Energy with the National Strategy of Transportation and Storage of Petroleum in Uganda
- Advising on the Kingfisher Development Area and the Buhuka-Kabaale Feeder Pipeline Resettlement Action Plan by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Uganda for the construction of the 47 km feeder pipeline from Kingfisher development area to the Refinery in Kabaale, Hoima District.
- Advised on the PPP Guidelines for the Government of Uganda
- Advised on the development and construction of the 1445km East African Crude Oil Pipeline Project by the Government of Uganda and the Uganda National Oil Company.
- Advised a leading public education institution in Uganda on the commercial development of the largest real estate portfolio development in Kampala under a public private partnership (PPP) framework.
- Advised the successful bidder under the new PPP guidelines for Digital Migration
- Advised a leading Financial Institution on the largest cross border Insolvency and Business Rescue in Uganda.